Friday, June 02, 2006

Paperwork

Got the orgo papers in. Getting caught up with Order Reports and Plant Reports for Ag & markets. Getting book keeping up to date. Catching up on bills. Workshop papers. To do lists up dated. Thank you notes for birthday. Inventory...

Busy day. Renate came to help with cheese again. Tim made feta with me last Sunday. He didn't bring pails. I hope he does soon. I don't have many.

Got caught up with waxing and re-waxing Gouda. Taught Renate the importance of making sure there are no pin holes or cracks during aging. Take wax off cheese, clean rinds and then re-wax... You learn to be detail oriented pretty darn quick. She bought half a wheel of cheese. I like her. It makes chores go quicker.

Claire was good today. She is going through one of those youthful "phases". OOf. Dave and I are pretty laid back about things. We have NO CLUE how to deal with little tantrums or demands. Her most annoying trait lately is to interrupt us when we are talking to anyone. Ourselves, eachother, friends, phone, service people. Ignoring doesn't work, she climbs your leg or throws something at you! I get through tantrums and time out works to a certain extent, but how to deal with it without your neighbor thinking you are a mad woman yelling at your kid... (yelling doesn't work and it actually makes you more angry. Stopped doing that one two days ago)

Great make today. I really think I am getting into the commercial groove. I am actually getting anxious about not making cheese. Even a 20 gal. batch makes a difference to me. That will satisfy the urge to make cheese. An addiction I believe?

Marcia and Ken will take Beagle. They took Dave's knickname for the dog and are going to call her "Ginger". Nice name. I have to go and get treats to get her to come to that name though.

Kid goats are annoying their mothers. Just like human kids. Mom calls for them to come and they only come if something scares them or the mood strikes. Found Moonbeam behind a round bale in the pole shed. Stuck, I should say. Two leavles up. Good think I take a head count twice a day or more. Morons run up the bales (with the new hole in the hay feeder thanks to Knick and Peter sheep) and fall in holes between the round bales. I've had to remove three levels of bales before.

Have to return book on Limericks to library. Forgot it yesterday.

No comments: