Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sheep and Technology

Ok. Sheep are probably the only animal on a farm that is in total equilibrium with the world. They offer me a sort of Zen. I love to watch them from the kitchen window going through their grazing routine. I did something that I was not happy about, but had to be done... For the first time since 1997, I do not own sheep. I sold the ewes and lambs to Dave Nackley. He is a great person to own sheep and I am glad he owns them, but it was a hard thing to do.

The guilt comes in because I bought a computer (you know to replace the one that took the radish and I had to go to the library). I was unable to efficiently do my work without a computer.

Dave and Claire were in shock because I took them completely out of their element and went to the ultimate media place... the mall media box store... I have not seen Claire so silent for so many hours. Dave was sweating and looked like the deer in headlights while being bombarded with t.v. screens, accessories, cell phones, computers, mini DVD players, etc...

Generally, I do go to the local guy and buy a local computer. I had a slim financial thing going on and had to break down and succumb to the box store thing. I DID go to the local Radio Shack/Hardware/Household place to get the digital camera and cords however. I like them there and it made the guilt of selling sheep and turning them into media shock feel a little better (?)

I did get a goat out of the whole deal. An alpine named Peppermint Patti. Yes, Patti with an "i". My friend Tim loves Alpines and Phragmites (SCI goat) is mortified that I defiled the hollowed grounds of her pasture with a non feral goat species. I offered her to Tim at cost. I think the very non-combative Alpine and Phrag will be happy about this.

Back to media. Guess what?! I can liberally add photos and video to this blog now!

No comments: