Thursday, March 23, 2006

Cheese Consultants

I like the fact that there are cheese consultants in the US. Saves having to go through the expense of the apprentise programs offered at some universities. They aren't cheap however. They also have distinct ways of describing their craft.

I've learned that it is often better to get the opinion and knowledge for as many sources as possible. I've been to workshops with Peter Dixon, Margaret Morris, Patrick Anglade, Rona Sullivan and now hopefully Kathy Biss. I think it is a well rounded group. I've learned a lot. I'd recommend any of the above to anyone.

I'm also an avid reader of books on the subject. Dave thinks that is part of my obsessive personality. I am just intregued by this whole cheesemaking thing.

EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE CHEESE!!!

No comments: