Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pretty Pictures

Another photographer. he was interested in the Kerry cows. I also found him Dexters and the Normande herd in Columbus (www.goosehill.com). Lisa's cows were running rough ground. Great upland bird habitat.

Moose thought she was Naomi Campbell. She posed and strutted for him. Lisa's Grace did the same thing. The leaves are just past. He was going to head back to CT for better cow/foliage shots. Lynn Stone was his name. Nice enough. Bought me a coffee.

Liked the new cheese I started making. Neet shape and smell. I'm interested in seeing what it tastes like in 30, 45 and 60 days. It is getting me interested in going out to the plant again.

Gouda got old and I want to wait until the water filter unit is in place before I make any washed curds again. HACCP plan is making me think about all of the critical control points. Threw out too many wheels to make this comfortable. Getting sick was expensive and yet I think it will save me money in the long run. Contemplation and reflection time is critical to any new business. I am crazy thinking of recommending anyone who does this to take 2-3 weeks off in the first and third year to reflect and regroup. You start to ignore key core principles and to take short cuts to achieve your goals. Don't do that. It costs too much in the long run.

No comments: